Wireless Internet Access
Grossmont College Library offers wireless Internet access to students, faculty, and staff. Here is a map of the Grossmont campus wireless coverage.
We have provided this service for those who are able to make use of wireless connections. We encourage you to use it to the best of your computer's capabilities. However, due to the complexity and variety of equipment and settings that each individual may have, we cannot provide support on an individual basis. If your computer cannot connect, we suggest you use one of the computer stations provided in the Library or Tech Mall.
Use of the wireless hotspots is subject to and included under the provisions of the District Computer Systems/User Rights & Responsibilities Procedure .
In order to use the service you will need:
- Internet Explorer or other recent browser
- your own computing device (laptop or PDA)
- a wireless network card that is IEEE 802.11b or 802.11g compliant
- a valid Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College account (the same username and password you use for campus email and network logon)
Internet access only, no printing.
Instructions for connecting your computer to the wireless network:
- Turn on your computer.
- Launch Internet Explorer
You can use Firefox or other browsers once you're logged on, but please use Internet Explorer to log on.
- If a Security Alert dialog box appears, click on the OK button to continue.
- You will see this logon page:
- Login using your Grossmont or Cuyamaca Username and password (the same one you use for campus email and network logon).
Password: 6 digit pin
If you have comments, problems or suggestions about our wireless service, please the GCCCD Online Success website.