Books, eBooks, and eReference Books
Browse 90,000 books in our book collection. Or read one of our 22,000 electronic books from any computer, any time. Find encyclopedias and other reference books in our Reference Collection, or access our Gale Virtual Reference Library and Credo Reference from any computer.
Magazine, Journal and Newspaper Articles
Keep up with the daily news or browse magazines in our print periodical collection. Search research databases from on or off campus to find online articles.
Discover the library’s media resources, whether these are DVDs checked out from the Media Desk or videos viewed online from our streaming video databases. Click on "Media" from the Library Home Page for details.
Find materials that your instructor has placed on Reserve for you in the library:
- Textbook: Find textbooks or other class related books
- Media: Watch films, listen to CDs, or use CD-ROMs.
- e-Reserves: Read articles & book chapters assigned by instructors.
Get help from a librarian when you want it and how you want it. Click on “Ask a Librarian” from the Library Home Page for details.
- In Person at the Reference Desk
- By Phone: 619-644-7361
- 24/7 Online Chat: AskUsNow!
Complete assignments using library computers—no log in needed!
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Internet access
- Printing - Black & White or Color
Request books or articles from SDSU or Cuyamaca using our speedy courier service. Nation-wide interlibrary loan is also at your service. Request items with the Online InterLibrary Loan Form.
Chat quietly with friends while sipping a drink, relax and read a magazine, or indulge in some wireless e-chat on your laptop in the library’s E-Chat Café.
Jump-start your college success by learning library research skills:
- Use our web-based tutorial.
- Get in-person instruction when your instructor schedules an instruction session for your class.
- Enroll in our one-unit online library skills class: LIR 110.
Group Study Rooms
Study with classmates or friends in one of our Group Study Rooms.
- Some rooms can be reserved
- Some have computers for group projects
- Watch films with classmates
- Use our webcams for class assignments
We have what you need to succeed:
- Computers with Internet
- Printers: Black & White and Color
- Wireless Internet
- Copiers: Black & White and Color
- Graphing Calculators
- Group study rooms
- Quiet Reading Room
- Textbook Reserves
Checkout & Fees
Check out up to 10 books at a time from our general collection for 14 days.
- By phone
- At the Circulation desk
- On Library website: Click on “Our Library Catalog” and then “My Account.”
Regular circulating materials accrue fines at 25¢ per day per item. Reserve items accrue fines at $1 per hour.
Printing is 15¢ per page for black-and white and 75¢ per page for color. Print stations take coins or one dollar bills.
Copying is 15¢ per page for black-and white and 75¢ per page for color. Copiers take coins or one dollar bills.
A change machine on the library’s main floor changes fives and tens for dollar bills.